Whether you’re looking for that winning headline, a catchy strapline, are stuck with your marketing or are putting off doing those jobs you don’t look as forward to as others, here’s something that might help get those creative juices flowing:
1. Check out what your competitors are up to. Sometimes just looking through others’ promotional stuff can trigger a fantastic idea or two.
2. Look at your challenge from a different perspective. I believe that forward thinking, self-development and a willingness to view life/work/society/everything from alternative perspective are fundamental to creative fulfilment and bringing fresh ideas to life.
3. Think of a nice, BIG reward that you can give yourself after you have completed the task in hand. The last time I had to develop new branding for a client with a complex product, I decided to give myself a massage (well, via a treatment room and therapist!) if I pulled it all off in the short deadline. I did, and it proved to be a great motivator!
4. Sometimes, it’s simply a question of trying to get those ’roundabout’ thoughts out of my head and onto paper. Seeing challenges in black and white somehow offers clarity and calms the mind. Well, it does for me, anyway!
5. And if that fails, there’s nothing better than pulling on my trainers, rounding up my dog and heading for a lovely long walk on the beach, in the local park, through the woods – anywhere close to nature, where I can quite literally ‘ground’ myself. That’s when I often come up with my best headlines or marketing ideas for my clients.
COPYRIGHT © T Dooley, All Rights Reserved
Want to use this in your ezine, blog or website? No problem, but you MUST keep my article intact as it is and include the following:
Tracey Dooley is a copywriter, marketing strategist, and editorial and creative consultant. She helps entrepreneurs, authors, publishers and FTSE100/250 companies boost response rates and attract new customers.
Tracey also offers FREE reports, coaching, insider tips, and other no-nonsense resources to help entrepreneurs and small business owners market themselves more consistently and effectively. Learn more now and grab your F.R.E.E. Audio CD at http://www.mediaminister.co.uk.