Following on from the ‘success challenge’ meme, I thought I’d share with you some more success secrets. They come courtesy of Investor’s Business Daily, which has spent years analysing leaders and successful people in all walks of life.
1. How you think is everything. Always be positive. Think success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment.
2. Decide upon your true dreams and goals. Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.
3. Take action. Goals are nothing without action. Don’t be afraid to get started now. Just do it.
4. Never stop learning. Go back to school or read books, get training and acquire skills.
5. Be persistent and work hard. Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.
6. Deal and communicate with people effectively. No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
7. Don’t be afraid to innovate. be different. Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
Source: Investor’s Business Daily, 24 July 2007, p8.
Want to use this in your ezine, blog or website? No problem! Just let me know. I’ll send you a short resource box/bio to include at the end of the article.