- Be as careful about spelling, grammar and punctuation as you wold be if you were writing a letter.
- Double-check your email before hitting ‘Send’.
- Answer important emails promptly. When customers and prospective customers send an email, they are generally looking for a swift response – try to answer their queries within 48 hours.
- Do NOT forward chain letters – apart from not being professional, it will simply waste other people’s time. They tend to ‘clog’ up the information superhighway, too.
- DO NOT WRITE IN ALL CAPITALS. It will make you look like you are SHOUTING.
- When responding to a forum email, do not simply hit ‘respond’ – especially if you are on digest. Having to scroll down a full history of everyone’s email messages is a huge pain in the you know where. Instead, copy and paste the relevant part of the message you are responding to.
Source: Start Your Business magazine, issue 15, p28
Add my RSS feed to your reader now so you never have to miss a post.
Want to use this in your ezine, blog or website? No problem! Just let me know. I’ll send you a short resource box/bio to include at the end of the article.