Blogging generates new business, and is becoming the marketing tool of choice for businesses of all sizes, according to a new survey.
Inferno PR carried out a recent survey of 300 businesses with 250+ employees. The results were promising for blogs and bloggers alike.
Fifty per cent of those surveyed had undertaken blogging in some form. Of those, nearly 90% said it had generated new business.
Other findings included:
• 64% of UK corporate blogs have been launched in the last six months
• 66% of managers in the survey have visited blogs in the last 12 months
• 80% of blog users visit blogs during working hours
• 33% of blog visitors will access a blog on a daily basis
Blogs even influence decision-makers: those working in the purchasing sector said that blogs were their second best source for influencing buying decisions. Industry reports are the chief resource.
Inferno PR’s managing director Grant Currie commented:
“The research shows that blogging in the UK is fast becoming a serious business tool…UK companies are now beginning to adopt blogging as part of their business strategy and those that have done so are pointing to specific business success and opportunity being created. It seems the hype is over and the real business of blogging is on its way.”
Positive findings, yet many businesses still need to learn that they need to regular, useful content geared towards their target audience, rather than using blogs merely as a direct sales tool.
Blogs are, after all, primarily about customer-relationship building.
Source: The Marketing Blog
Want to use this in your ezine, blog or website? No problem! Just let me know. I’ll send you a short resource box/bio to include at the end of the article.
Digg This :: Email This :: Add to del.icio.us
• Is a Business Blog Worth It?
• Reader Q&A: Blogs vs Ezines
• How Important is a Website?
• The Real Secrets of Success Are…
• The Importance of Good Copy
• The Importance of Appealing to the ‘Right’ Clients